Blogs/ Resources for Online Business

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sally Sally 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Does anyone have any blogs, websites, authors, or any resources they regularly visit for continued education about things e-retail, or online sales? I have seen content marketing, social media marketing blogs, and others, but have not found anything about running an online shop yet.

Thanks

Ryan

Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Ryan,

Are you looking for anything that’s platform specific? (Hubspot, shopify, wordpress, etc?)

If not I think practicalecommerce.com is the one I’ve come across most often.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Jay Thomas
    Jay Thomas
    Participant

Jonathan what shopping cart do you use?

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

I use foxycart. I like it a lot because it’s inexpensive and very flexible and customizable. Unlike most other shopping carts its not its own platform but something you drop into your existing site so there are no design or functionality restrictions. That said, it’s most useful if you know some html/css because it requires a little more technical knowledge to operate than other shopping cart’s, which are designed to be plug and play.

Profile photo of Einat Naveh
    Einat Naveh
    Participant

Ryan – which blogs are you finding for marketing? Very interested. Thanks!

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Ryan – which blogs are you finding for marketing? Very interested. Thanks!

Copyblogger seems to be the most popular, but it’s tailored towards authors/publishers. Quicksprout is interesting, but comes off as a little gimmicky/pushy IMO.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

@einat For big ideas I like Seth Godin’s blog. For online marketing check out growthhackers.com. I guess my favorite for online e commerce at the scale I’m ready for is simply shopify’s blog. Hope that helps. Ryan

Profile photo of Einat Naveh
    Einat Naveh
    Participant

That’s perfect, Ryan, thanks! Going to check them out. Used to follow Seth Godin’s blog and haven’t looked at it in a while.

Profile photo of John Bejakovic
    John Bejakovic
    Participant

The guys behind AppSumo/SumoMe have great articles on building up an online business:

https://sumome.com/stories/

They have step-by-step case studies with really new and useful info. Here are two that really stick out in my mind, about how to quickly build up an audience of interested people, starting from nothing:

https://sumome.com/stories/diy-crowdfunding

https://sumome.com/stories/get-press-coverage

Profile photo of Sally
    Sally
    Participant

i’m reading startupbros.com and it seems to help. although to be perfectly honest this site and jonathan’s blog is the only place i know of that focuses only on dietary supplements. it’s why i like it. a lot of the other marketing blogs tend to be very general and i use them more for motivation since they provide very little practical knowledge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.