Company?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Thomas Jay Thomas 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick M.
    Nick M.
    Participant

Hey guys, just wondering if I would have to have a company set up before contacting manufacturers? Or will they speak with me as just an individual with an idea? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

They ought to speak to you as an individual with an idea.

If nothing else you could get an assumed name certificate and operate as a general contractor…..those cost about $50. In my experience they don’t really care what your operating entity as so long as you have the ability and willingness to pay.

Some of the higher end suppliers are more discriminating though and they’ll only want to deal with you if they think you’re legit.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Sally
    Sally
    Participant

They ought to speak to you as an individual with an idea.

If nothing else you could get an assumed name certificate and operate as a general contractor…..those cost about $50. In my experience they don’t really care what your operating entity as so long as you have the ability and willingness to pay.

Some of the higher end suppliers are more discriminating though and they’ll only want to deal with you if they think you’re legit.

hi nick! just to let you know i’ve been talking with different manufacturers and so far i haven’t had any problems yet. to be honest you might be able to just make up a name for the time being if you’re okay with it lol.

hope this helps!

Profile photo of Nick M.
    Nick M.
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guy. Very helpful!

Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Thanks for the replies guy. Very helpful!

If you want another data point I’m working with a client right now who’s unincorporated and it doesn’t seem to be a problem. It can be helpful to have a corporate name if you’re talking to certain ingredient suppliers since they’ll take you more seriously. Also probably a good idea to have something setup before you actually have your product produced.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Jay Thomas
    Jay Thomas
    Participant

Yeah I don’t think it’s a huge problem. Just get a DBA certificate if you want to have something official to go by.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.