Online vs Retail

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel Jonathan Bechtel 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jay Thomas
    Jay Thomas
    Participant

okay so i’m like 3 months late to this, but @stephen do you have opinions on starting your own referral network with something like zferral?

it seems like an affordable way to go down this route and would be compatible even if you had a small amount of sales at first.

Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

okay so i’m like 3 months late to this, but @stephen do you have opinions on starting your own referral network with something like zferral?

it seems like an affordable way to go down this route and would be compatible even if you had a small amount of sales at first.

I’m not Stephen, but IMO a self-hosted referral program is probably a good idea if you’re just starting out.

All by itself it won’t make people buy, and most people won’t give a hoot, but if you get a few customers who are into your vibe they can multiply sales pretty well.

When I get a few ducks lined up I’ll be looking to start my own affiliate program pretty soon. With the idea that it’ll follow a pretty stiff 90/10 rule.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Jay Thomas
    Jay Thomas
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jay Thomas wrote:</div>

I’m not Stephen, but IMO a self-hosted referral program is probably a good idea if you’re just starting out.

All by itself it won’t make people buy, and most people won’t give a hoot, but if you get a few customers who are into your vibe they can multiply sales pretty well.

When I get a few ducks lined up I’ll be looking to start my own affiliate program pretty soon. With the idea that it’ll follow a pretty stiff 90/10 rule.

thanks jonathan.

yah, that makes sense……i suppose the big issue is figuring out how to get people to buy from you in the first place.

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

“When I get a few ducks lined up I’ll be looking to start my own affiliate program pretty soon. With the idea that it’ll follow a pretty stiff 90/10 rule.”

out of curiosity what does the 90/10 rule refer to here? does it mean you’ll be applying 10 percent of your effort to seeing whether you can get some affiliate traction, or does it refer to something else?

also, how would you make your program attractive to affiliates, and what kind of affiliates would you target? i’m guessing it’s people who own health and nutrition businesses who have existing traffic and lists they can promote to.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Stephen Stephen.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Stephen Stephen.
    Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

“When I get a few ducks lined up I’ll be looking to start my own affiliate program pretty soon. With the idea that it’ll follow a pretty stiff 90/10 rule.”

out of curiosity what does the 90/10 rule refer to here? does it mean you’ll be applying 10 percent of your effort to seeing whether you can get some affiliate traction, or does it refer to something else?

also, how would you make your program attractive to affiliates, and what kind of affiliates would you target? i’m guessing it’s people who own health and nutrition businesses who have existing traffic and lists they can promote to.

Hi Stephen,

It’ll be marketed ENTIRELY to my existing customers. I’d only want to use them as affiliates. The 90/10 rule I’m referring to is that 90% of people who buy from me probably don’t have an interest in promoting my products, but I have a few customers who are very devoted and give me a lot of press on Facebook and in their social circles, and these people would be very enticed by an affiliate program since they already talk about Health Kismet a lot anyway.

So I’d add an option to the checkout to get some sort of referral bonus by spreading the word about the company.

Again, I entirely expect most people would ignore this, but a few diehards would really take to it.

I’m not really in any position to attract outside affiliates…..it’s not a game I’m well suited to play at this time IMO.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.