The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

This topic contains 59 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel Jonathan Bechtel 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Alright guys.

If you’re reading this and getting ready to post I encourage you to make this thread the first place to be seen.

I’ll leave it up to your own creativity about what you want to include, but I will say pics are always fun if you’re brave enough :)

For myself:

Most of you have had some sort of direct contact with me, either in person, over the phone, or through the internets.

I own Health Kismet, which is how I’ve come into contact with most of you either through my website or industry events.

Besides the stuff you probably already know about me, I also:

am a huge basketball fan, and follow the Bulls.

Keep a copy of the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine in my bedstand.

I also stay at youth hostels on business trips in order to save money. (It’s also more fun! You never know what surprises are waiting for you in the fishbowl, LOL).

Me at a youth hostel

I started this forum partly due to benevolence, partly to help build my own social network in the nutraceutical industry, and partly to create advertising and opportunity exposure for my own company.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I was born in Hawaii and still live here today. I’ve traveled pretty wide in the past but as of late I am staying put, focusing on building a product and business. I work for a small company in the natural foods industry. We import acai pulp and I am a ‘right hand man’/ sales manager for the company. My interests are in food health and herbs. I am quite knowledgable about probiotics and fermented foods, and I teach classes on the topic locally.

For fun I like to ride waves, though I still can’t decide whether I have more fun surfing, bodyboarding, or bodysurfing. I also like fermenting food at home and am currently working on medicinal wines, milk kefir, krauts, and preserved lemons. I am an avid reader and love learning.

The picture below is how the beach near me looks on a nice day. Today doesn’t happen to be one of those days. The colors are a beautiful grey.

I have lots of knowledge on food fermentation, probitoics, and traditional type diets. I also am decent a marketing strategy and brand development/communication. I love working with and helping out companies that do good things for people.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan.
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Thanks Ryan. I was beginning to wonder if the silence here was due to something I said.

Question:

1). Does your acai company supply product to companies in the nutraeutical industry?

2). Do they do any additional food processing? (Extraction, freeze drying, etc)

3). Where and how do you give classes?

Profile photo of Green Regimen
    Green Regimen
    Participant

Hello everyone!

My name is Tyshawn Bryant and I’m with the Green Regimen. As you scratch your heads in perplexity, I’ll tell you what the Green Regimen is all about. The Green Regimen is a Health and Fitness Movement that develops Natural Products to tackle some of the country’s Largest Health issues.

Back in 2010, my mother had emergency surgery to remove some cancerous cells that were found during an annual doctor’s visit. I knew her recovery from the surgery would be pretty involved and would leave her with limited mobility while she healed. After much research I decided to start making her Green Smoothies as they seemed to help with weight loss and were extremely nutritious.

Fast forward 4 years and you have The Green Regimen. I am currently designing a Natural Smoothie Powder for Kids that is designed to combat Child Obesity.

I am looking forward to sharing and learning from this Community as I am learning something new every day.

Green Regimen
    Participant

Acai is the BEST!!! I eat more of that than anything else when I’m in Brazil.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Greetings Tyshawn and Jonathan. Tambor Acai primarily imports frozen acai pulp for the foodservice industry. We do have access to freezer dried powders as well as large tubs, but this isn’t our focus. The acai pulp is flash pasteurized, portioned, and frozen. It comes in packs similar to what you might find by Sambazon in places like Costco or Safeway.

We have looked into retail sales online. Shipping a frozen product has its own considerations and we haven’t lined up a plan yet. But the is something I would like to learn more about- for this company and my own endeavors. Online sales seem like a great opportunity and I want to learn more about what it takes.

My classes have been in person. Ive thought about doing online classes/ webinars/ info products but I feel the information on making fermented foods is all out there already, and I might have to do some hard selling to get people to fork over the $ to pay for one of these classes. Still, it might be interesting to do a collaboration. Classes are great and a fun way to connect with customers.

Ty, I just checked out your youtube videos. Great job and kudos for putting yourself out there with videos. They are a great medium. Ive thought of doing that for my fermented foods stuff, just don’t have a way to tie it into a product yet.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan.
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Yeah I agree that Ty’s Youtube videos are great.

I’ve looked into doing classes in the area, did a few of them, but didn’t pursue it, mostly because it was hard to consistently find venues to put them in.

I’ve heard that public speaking is the best medium to find people for your cause, but reliable outlets to do it was the limiting factor for me.

I imagine you could make it work if you pursued it w/ more persistence than I did, but that’s the way it worked out (for now).

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

“I’ve heard that public speaking is the best medium to find people for your cause…”

Wouldn’t argue with that. It is the oldest medium too. And what Ty is doing is in fact a form of public speaking for the modern age. Jonathan, I imagine if you were to get in contact with promoters of various health expo type events, they would be interested in someone giving a talk on “navigating green drinks” or something useful to people like that. I was part of a toastmasters group in Hawaii for 1.5 years and lean red a lot. My classes greatly improved as a result of learning to organize and flow through the topics and section of my talk better.

In person events would be valuable, I imagine, because you get to actually connect with the audience before and after. One event might be worth 3 or more new customers/ tribe members (Seth Godin reference)

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

“I’ve heard that public speaking is the best medium to find people for your cause…”

Wouldn’t argue with that. It is the oldest medium too. And what Ty is doing is in fact a form of public speaking for the modern age. Jonathan, I imagine if you were to get in contact with promoters of various health expo type events, they would be interested in someone giving a talk on “navigating green drinks” or something useful to people like that. I was part of a toastmasters group in Hawaii for 1.5 years and lean red a lot. My classes greatly improved as a result of learning to organize and flow through the topics and section of my talk better.

In person events would be valuable, I imagine, because you get to actually connect with the audience before and after. One event might be worth 3 or more new customers/ tribe members (Seth Godin reference)

You’re probably right.

For me the big obstacle has been finding the right venues to speak at. I don’t know of national/regional ones that would provide an audience that’s more than trivial, and smaller venues don’t provide enough scale for it to be worth my time IMO.

The possibility has always intrigued me, and I’ve entertained the thought of going on the road for an extended period of time, but my mind is a blank canvas as to the mechanics of how.

Maybe the only thing holding me back is a little bit of research, but as of right now it doesn’t seem to happen.

I’ve done public speaking before and it doesn’t bother me at all. For whatever reason I don’t flinch when it happens.

I looked briefly into a local TEDx conference but there wasn’t another in the area for the foreseeable future so I dropped it.

Green Regimen
    Participant

Ty, I just checked out your youtube videos. Great job and kudos for putting yourself out there with videos. They are a great medium. Ive thought of doing that for my fermented foods stuff, just don’t have a way to tie it into a product yet.

Thanks for checking out the videos Ryan. One of the best things about Jonathan bringing us like minded Entrepreneurs together is that creative juices will flow. Therefore, I’m sure your product idea will start to take shape very soon. I’m excited for you.

Profile photo of Jay Thomas
    Jay Thomas
    Participant

Hi guys!

My name’s Jay. I came across Jonathan’s website over the internet which is how I came here. I’ve exchanged a few emails with him about the industry. I’m a big runner and am currently looking to get started with a recovery drink for vegan athletes. Like everyone else I’m looking to make myself smarter by being here and meet others that are doing the same thing.

Look forward to talking with you all!

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi Jay,

Thanks for joining our little group. It’ll be fun to have you around and thank for taking the time to post.

Profile photo of Einat Naveh
    Einat Naveh
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I also came across Jonathan’s website while doing some research on starting a supplement company. I am looking to create a women’s multi with a niche focus. Starting the process of researching and reaching out to manufacturers now and would love to know what are some good questions to ask. I will post more on the manufacturer thread. Thanks Jonathan for starting this forum!

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi @einat!

Thanks for joining.

I think you are the first person here who’s looking to do a multivitamin.

Luckily, I’d say those are the easiest to get started with. It’s the most common product form and it’s usually pretty easy to find manufacturers for them, both custom and private label.

I think the trickiest part is narrowing down the right blend/form of vitamins to put in for your intended health goal.

Profile photo of Guillermo
    Guillermo
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Guillermo. I am a college student in the midst of finals! I, like most, have been in contact with Jonathan through email and such, so this forum is such an awesome idea to have everyone in contact! I’m oblivious to the industry but can’t wait to learn and possibly start my own business providing a supplement to a niche I can relate to (that’s the plan at least).

Little about myself; Lived in Mexico, USA, and Canada! Love soccer and basketball, all bout them Lakers! I am a Sophomore in college and would love to travel the world! I volunteer at a local Hospital and am involved in Multiple Sclerosis Research at my University! Those are all my fun facts haha

Thanks for making this forum and making it easier for individuals who are about to begin their journey or have already started. Great idea!

Can’t wait to start learning!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

Comments are closed.