The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

This topic contains 59 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel Jonathan Bechtel 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hello!

My name is Guillermo. I am a college student in the midst of finals! I, like most, have been in contact with Jonathan through email and such, so this forum is such an awesome idea to have everyone in contact! I’m oblivious to the industry but can’t wait to learn and possibly start my own business providing a supplement to a niche I can relate to (that’s the plan at least).

Little about myself; Lived in Mexico, USA, and Canada! Love soccer and basketball, all bout them Lakers! I am a Sophomore in college and would love to travel the world! I volunteer at a local Hospital and am involved in Multiple Sclerosis Research at my University! Those are all my fun facts haha

Thanks for making this forum and making it easier for individuals who are about to begin their journey or have already started. Great idea!

Can’t wait to start learning!

Hi @grivacobae. You’re lucky, you have two other basketball fans here, me and @greenregimen, who’s also a Lakers fan. (Rough year for that, my condolences).

Just curious, have you been in the process of contacting manufacturers yet?

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Green Regimen
    Green Regimen
    Participant

Haa!!! @jonathanbechtelgmail-com

Have no fear @grivacobae. We still have 72% of the season left to BATTLE for that coveted 8th spot :-)

Profile photo of Guillermo
    Guillermo
    Participant

@greenregimen We got this!

@jonathanbechtelgmail-com I have not yet, been caught up with semester finals and work, but I will start during winter, although I don’t know how to go about checking if my product ingredients are feasible; if they complement or go well together to create a product that functions the way I hope. I have an idea but I guess more research can answer that question.

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

@jonathanbechtelgmail-com I have not yet, been caught up with semester finals and work, but I will start during winter, although I don’t know how to go about checking if my product ingredients are feasible; if they complement or go well together to create a product that functions the way I hope. I have an idea but I guess more research can answer that question.

I see. This step can be tricky or a non-issue, it all depends on your formula. I am currently going through this process myself with my current product-in-development and am finding it a challenge since there seem to be no clear answers. Some manufacturers insist they can do everything for you, while others seem to expect you to have certain issues figured out before you contact them.

I’m looking into independent scientific labs right now to see if I can do a test study on the project to make sure it’ll work as intended. It might make it easier to work with certain manufacturers.

Profile photo of FRANNY
    FRANNY
    Participant

Hi guys!!! My name is Frances, you can call me Franny. :) I am new to business, nutraceuticals, manufacturing, etc. I have been reading these posts for a few weeks now and decided it was time to join the party! I am the owner/founder of Earth’s Love Tea Co. a start-up Co. that is cutting their teeth on its first product “Plentiful.” It is a water-soluble on-the-go herbal remedy to aid with lactation in nursing women. I was excited to stumble upon Health Kismet! This is such a wonderful resource. Thank you Jonathan for creating this!!! I am really happy to be a part of it.

Profile photo of Einat Naveh
    Einat Naveh
    Participant

Welcome Franny! Looking forward to hearing more about your product. I am also interested in how you plan to do marketing and fulfillment. Once you have the product ready I know some people who would be interested and I can spread the word on some of the “mommy” facebook groups I belong to. Good luck!

Profile photo of Sally
    Sally
    Participant

Hi guys!

My name’s Sally and I’m excited to have found this place. I found Jonathan’s blog and decided to join here so I could ask you guys questions and hopefully find a way to make all of us a little smarter.

I work in logistics during the day but I’ve always been very interested in health and nutrition and would LOVE to be able to have my own product that I can see in stores and people can use everday.

I don’t have anything yet but am hoping to get things started this year and would really appreciate some support along the way.

I’m currently looking to develop a flu/cold formula for small children that are struggling with their immune system. Maybe similar to AirBorn but targeted at mothers who are concerned about their kids.

Okay, talk to you later!

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi @sallym, thanks for introducing yourself. It sounds like you’re in the same boat as a lot of other people here so I’m sure you’ll find useful answers if/when you need them.

Feel free to ask questions and to try and get the answers you need.

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Also, this is coming a little late, but me and @einat had a chance to meet in NYC and had a GREAT time discussing the ins and outs of the supplement industry.

I’m on the west coast now and am open to meeting others. Have a nice day!

Me and Einat

Einat Naveh
    Participant

Jonathan is a WEALTH of knowledge, I would highly recommend taking him up on his offer!

I’m currently in discussions with Axiom but still not 100% sure they will be the company for me. They raised their minimum from 500 to 100 for 2015.

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Jonathan is a WEALTH of knowledge, I would highly recommend taking him up on his offer!

I’m currently in discussions with Axiom but still not 100% sure they will be the company for me. They raised their minimum from 500 to 100 for 2015.

Do you mean 500 to *1000?*

Einat Naveh
    Participant

Whoa – yes 1000 not 100 sorry for the typo!

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

I was actually on the phone the other day w/ someone who knew of Axiom and it was recommended to me that there are other manufacturers that are like them, but perhaps a better fit than Axiom is right now for many of us here. Not too much detail was discussed but it’s possible the sun has set on them being a front-of-the-line option for the people on this forum.

I’m hoping to schedule a phone call to discuss the issue further sometime over the next couple of weeks.

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

Hey all! My name is Joel, but most call me Joey. I’ve recently graduated from college as a biochemist and I now work for a contract manufacturer doing quality control for cleaning products and automotive waxes.

My senior seminar was on a class of supplements called nootropics which are supplements for the brain. There are different mechanics by which these supplements work and I’ve been working on a potential business with this type of supplement. I’ve been taking them myself for about a year now.

This type of supplement really resonates with me since I have a grandfather who has Alzheimer’s. Studies have shown certain classes of nootropics have the ability to slow down progression of neuro degenerative diseases and even prevent them.

I’m glad I’ve found this forum and look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge regarding supplements and the business!

Thank you!

Profile photo of Paul Brynoff
    Paul Brynoff
    Participant

Well hey guys.

My name’s Paul. I thought I was the only guy trolling the internet to find help on starting a supplement until I found this site so I’m glad you’re all here.

I work for a direct marketing shop right now and feel like my life is on repeat and am finally getting itchy enough to go ahead and try to put my product idea into place.

We’ll see how it goes and hopefully my success will coincide with all of yours.

I’ll try not to be too much of an annoyance from the peanut gallery.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

Comments are closed.