The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

This topic contains 59 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel Jonathan Bechtel 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan Bechtel
    Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Well hey guys.

My name’s Paul. I thought I was the only guy trolling the internet to find help on starting a supplement until I found this site so I’m glad you’re all here.

I work for a direct marketing shop right now and feel like my life is on repeat and am finally getting itchy enough to go ahead and try to put my product idea into place.

We’ll see how it goes and hopefully my success will coincide with all of yours.

I’ll try not to be too much of an annoyance from the peanut gallery.

Hey! Thanks for joining man!

I don’t think of marketing as my strong point so having someone in here who’s a little less green behind the ears than I am would be great.

I’m a bit too analytical for my own good sometimes and forget that 99.99% of people really don’t care about the details of methylation cycle intermediates and just want to know if something will make them feel better. So it’ll be good to have you clip my wings.

Owner of Health Kismet . Open to answering any and all questions.
    Profile photo of Paul Brynoff
    Paul Brynoff
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Paul Brynoff wrote:</div>
    Well hey guys.

My name’s Paul. I thought I was the only guy trolling the internet to find help on starting a supplement until I found this site so I’m glad you’re all here.

I work for a direct marketing shop right now and feel like my life is on repeat and am finally getting itchy enough to go ahead and try to put my product idea into place.

I don’t think of marketing as my strong point so having someone in here who’s a little less green behind the ears than I am would be great.

I’m a bit too analytical for my own good sometimes and forget that 99.99% of people really don’t care about the details of methylation cycle intermediates and just want to know if something will make them feel better. So it’ll be good to have you clip my wings.

Thanks Jonathan. I’d hate to make bold proclamations that’ll leave me embarrassed in a few months once I’m exposed, but these days marketing (or something like that) is what I get paid for.

I look forward to conversing!

Profile photo of Sally
    Sally
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonathan Bechtel wrote:</div>

Well hey guys.

Thanks Jonathan. I’d hate to make bold proclamations that’ll leave me embarrassed in a few months once I’m exposed, but these days marketing (or something like that) is what I get paid for.

Hi Paul!

Thanks for joining an I’m glad you’re here!

I’m curious, what kinds of marketing do you work with?

Profile photo of Paul Brynoff
    Paul Brynoff
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonathan Bechtel wrote:</div>

Well hey guys.

Hi Paul!

Thanks for joining an I’m glad you’re here!

I’m curious, what kinds of marketing do you work with?

Well Sally, most of the marketing I do is with my wife, trying to convince her not to kick me out. (I’m kidding).

During my day job I work with a lot of direct marketing, mostly for large automobile forms in the form of e-mail campaigns and local car dealerships that use snail mail to get customers in the door for various promotions.

It’s the art of getting people excited about spending tens of thousand of dollars in 5 words or less.

Profile photo of Eddie C
    Eddie C
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

My name is Eddie, 22 year old nutrition nut from Australia.

I have been interested in supplements and nutrition after falling very ill a few years back. I consulted with a nutritionist who prescribed a range of natural supplements and vitamins and within weeks was feeling amazing and had massive amounts of energy and great boosts in general well-being. This ‘sparked’ my interest in health supplements and ever since I have been researching and immersing myself with as much information as possible in order to benefit myself and most importantly others.

I have had an entrepreneurial spirit since starting my first business at 10 years old. Flash forward to now and I am in a very focused and determined mindset to really make something of myself in the nutrition and supplement industry. I believe it is ripe for innovation in many ways and there are an abundance of opportunities.

I’d love to surround myself with like minded individuals so if anyone wishes to speak on Skype or meet up in Australia (or America as I travel there sometimes) please just hit me up.

Looking forward to the journey.

Eddie

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone!

I have been interested in supplements and nutrition after falling very ill a few years back. I consulted with a nutritionist who prescribed a range of natural supplements and vitamins and within weeks was feeling amazing and had massive amounts of energy and great boosts in general well-being. This ‘sparked’ my interest in health supplements and ever since I have been researching and immersing myself with as much information as possible in order to benefit myself and most importantly others.

I have had an entrepreneurial spirit since starting my first business at 10 years old. Flash forward to now and I am in a very focused and determined mindset to really make something of myself in the nutrition and supplement industry. I believe it is ripe for innovation in many ways and there are an abundance of opportunities.

I’d love to surround myself with like minded individuals so if anyone wishes to speak on Skype or meet up in Australia (or America as I travel there sometimes) please just hit me up.

Eddie

Hi Eddie!

It’s great having you around and I’m glad you finally were able to use the site (I share quite a bit of the blame for the delay…..my apologies).

Welcome aboard!

Profile photo of Sally
    Sally
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

Eddie

Wow Eddie! It’s so totally amazing to have you here! I love this forum because of its cozy, inclusive feel and it’s great to have another person join our gang!

I LOVE this forum because it’s the only place I know of where people can exchange this sort of information and it’s great getting to know people.

I’m in the middle of finding a manufacturer for my product and it’s really been quite a challenge. Please stick around!

Profile photo of Corey
    Corey
    Participant

Hi all,

My name is Corey. I have been in the health and fitness industry for almost a decade. I own two fitness businesses (studios) and I am passionate about people’s health.

I have used supplements for my own training for a very long time. I’ve always had the itch to create my own supplement brand.

I looked all over the internet and came across this forum. I usually don’t participate in forums, and usually am a lurker.

However, the information i’ve come across has been amazing on this forum. So I thought I’d like to be part of this community.

I’m currently looking to start my supplement company in the near future and hope to network and make friends long the way.

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi all,

My name is Corey. I have been in the health and fitness industry for almost a decade. I own two fitness businesses (studios) and I am passionate about people’s health.

I have used supplements for my own training for a very long time. I’ve always had the itch to create my own supplement brand.

I looked all over the internet and came across this forum. I usually don’t participate in forums, and usually am a lurker.

However, the information i’ve come across has been amazing on this forum. So I thought I’d like to be part of this community.

I’m currently looking to start my supplement company in the near future and hope to network and make friends long the way.

Hi Corey!

It’s good having you here.

It’s always good having people around that are ready to do honest work and aren’t tire kickers. It makes it much more fun to collaborate and makes you a more valuable member of the community.

Thanks for joining!

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

hi Jonathan,

thanks for activating my membership in the forums. it’s great to find a small health supplement community run by someone with a biochemistry background who formulates his own products. i decided to go all in and purchase some of your Incredible Mood product to see what’s got you all excited, and to also see if it actually produces any changes in mood. after all, better is always better, and incredible is even better than that!

i know i have a heap of questions i want to ask about not just the supplementation business in general, but also about how you personally choose to run your business, since that seems of interest to me.

i’m actually a copywriter thinking of getting into writing letters for supplement owners and currently i am trying to convince myself to do all the work necessary to get up to speed in that area. but i’m also interested in perhaps creating a supplement of my own and then seeing just what i can do with it. i have an idea for a product but have yet to convince myself of its viability on several fronts.

anyway, just wanted to introduce myself so that i can begin posting some queries when they occur to me, or answer some questions that come up if i have relevant information.

cheers,
    Stephen

p.s. i have a scientific training background too. it’s just not in anything that’s useful for the supplementation business (it’s physics, doggone it!)

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

hi Jonathan,

thanks for activating my membership in the forums. it’s great to find a small health supplement community run by someone with a biochemistry background who formulates his own products. i decided to go all in and purchase some of your Incredible Mood product to see what’s got you all excited, and to also see if it actually produces any changes in mood. after all, better is always better, and incredible is even better than that!

i know i have a heap of questions i want to ask about not just the supplementation business in general, but also about how you personally choose to run your business, since that seems of interest to me.

i’m actually a copywriter thinking of getting into writing letters for supplement owners and currently i am trying to convince myself to do all the work necessary to get up to speed in that area. but i’m also interested in perhaps creating a supplement of my own and then seeing just what i can do with it. i have an idea for a product but have yet to convince myself of its viability on several fronts.

anyway, just wanted to introduce myself so that i can begin posting some queries when they occur to me, or answer some questions that come up if i have relevant information.

cheers,
    Stephen

p.s. i have a scientific training background too. it’s just not in anything that’s useful for the supplementation business (it’s physics, doggone it!)

Hi Stephen! It’s great having you around.

You say you’re interested in doing some copywriting for supplement owners? Check your PM’s, we might want to talk.

What’s your background in physics?

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

hi Jonathan. if i should have received an email i did not, i don’t think (does this forum software send out notifications of PMs?). anyway you can always email me directly if needed.

as far as physics goes i have a Ph.D. in quantum optics, but it’s so long ago that i barely remember what a quantum is :)

Profile photo of Tyler West
    Tyler West
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyler West. I’ve been ghosting these forums for a few weeks now reading a lot of the posts, and I’m happy to join and ask/contribute. I’ve worked for several years as a chemist at a small company in Austin, TX doing both formulations work (specializing in freeze drying and fast dissolve) and analytical work (specializing in ICP-MS and ion chromatography, but experienced in many other instrumental methods). I’m also a personal trainer, weightlifting and calisthenics enthusiast, and have been interested in starting a small dietary supplement company that deals primarily through some local gyms and e-commerce.

Thanks for the activation and looking forward to talking to you guys!

Tyler

Jonathan Bechtel
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyler West. I’ve been ghosting these forums for a few weeks now reading a lot of the posts, and I’m happy to join and ask/contribute. I’ve worked for several years as a chemist at a small company in Austin, TX doing both formulations work (specializing in freeze drying and fast dissolve) and analytical work (specializing in ICP-MS and ion chromatography, but experienced in many other instrumental methods). I’m also a personal trainer, weightlifting and calisthenics enthusiast, and have been interested in starting a small dietary supplement company that deals primarily through some local gyms and e-commerce.

Thanks for the activation and looking forward to talking to you guys!

Tyler

Welcome aboard!

What type of supplement are you looking to develop?

Also, for the lab you work in, are you doing testing on dietary supplements or other materials?

It’s always good to have someone here who’s familiar with the industry. Thanks for joining!

Profile photo of Tyler West
    Tyler West
    Participant

What type of supplement are you looking to develop?

I’ve been working on a few different things aimed at my time spent around lots of gym folk, clients, and weightlifter types, mainly in the energy/cognitive support/mineral balance/rehydration area. My main product right now is a mix of aminos, minerals, and other pseudo-vitamins that I’ve found provides a nice boost without the crash of stimulants, and has been really well received amongst many of my active friends. I’ve been trying to hunt down contract manufacturers to do a powder mix for me, but eventually I’d like to work on pressing it into a fast dissolve tablet. I got a little discouraged recently though after discovering that there’s already a large company working on similar type products (Nuun).

A couple gym owners in central Austin want to feature some products that I make, but it’s been difficult to try and come up with creative things that would sell well in gyms and not just web since the #1 seller in most gyms is either RTD protein drinks (huge up front expenses), and RTD energy drinks. I’ve had a few other ideas for some bars, energy drinks, and energy gums, but this is all secondary right now with my current budget and time constraints (working a full time job and part time as a trainer.)

Also, for the lab you work in, are you doing testing on dietary supplements or other materials?

It’s always good to have someone here who’s familiar with the industry. Thanks for joining!

It’s an environmental lab, so we do testing on water, wastewater, and mud and soil samples primarily. Our lab is sort of a secondary service of the company which is primarily aimed at designing and manufacturing water analysis test kits. Most of my formulation and freeze drying experience has come through this (and what personal experiments I manage to sneak in on the weekends).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “The Official “Introduce Yourself” Thread

Comments are closed.