How To Start With This Site

If you’re reading this I’d like to thank you for coming to our little corner of the internet.  We’re hoping to make it the friendliest and most informative place to collect intelligence on the supplement industry.

There are a lot of good reasons you should throw your name in the hat and join the fun.

They include but are not limited to:

1).  You’re looking to get started in the supplement industry with your own product idea but find the overall landscape confusing and scattered.  If you’ve looked I’m sure you’d agree that there’s not a lot of good, trustworthy sources out there.

A lil’ boys and girls club to help get you on your way sure would help, wouldn’t it?

2).  You’re looking for a little bit of daily motivation to keep your entrepreneurial and sales juices going.  It’s a grind.  Enough said.

3).  You work in the industry and would like to use this as a way to source leads and develop your network.  If you’re a manufacturing rep, consultant, supplier, or anyone else involved in the supply chain this is a great way to be seen and organically develop prospects.

Of course your behavior needs to follow the general rules of etiquette, but everyone is here because they’re looking for people and clues, so your services and expertise are wanted.

Just make sure you follow the rules.

4). You enjoy having a watercooler to bounce ideas around.  There’s very little consolidated information in the nutraceutical industry.  I’d give my right arm to be able to have lunch with intelligent educated people who are knowledgeable about the human body and nutraceuticals.  That’s probably not happening anytime soon so this is our attempt at a next-best.

5).  You have a keen interest in supplements.  If you’re an avid user of supplements or a health kismet customer or someone who has an interest in health in general this is a very unique way to see “the other side” of how products are made and discussed.  You can also engage in high-level chit-chat about different types of supplements and why they do/do not work.

And of course the most important reason is whatever you’d like to get out of it.  So don’t let this list exhaust your imagination.

Have fun!

7 thoughts on “How To Start With This Site

1. Hi Health Kismet,

My name is Henry and I’ve been following your forum and brilliant site for a while now.

I’ve working in advertising for close to 15 years, but have been extremely interested in health for a long time.

I live in Australia and am in the very early stages of getting a liquid supplement off the ground.

I’m not really sure where to start with the all important process of choosing a manufacturer and getting the formulation right. Thomasnet.com looks good but there are so many options I’m struggling to narrow them down.

Has anybody had any experience with formulating a liquid supplement and getting it on the shelves/into refrigerators?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ok, I was asked to leave a comment about the Incredible Greens, which I’ve now been using for 3 months with AMAZING results! I’ve been suffering from Fibromyalgia pain, a very chronic case, and started seeing a pain doctor over a year ago, and haven’t been able to work in almost 2 years because of my condition! The last job I had was a great one, and I had to resign from it because I was unable to perform my duties anymore. It was a terrible time, and I’m still picking up the pieces, but with the undying support of my amazing husband David, who has been making sure I never run out, and this incredible, life-changing product, I am feeling tons better these days than I have in the last year and a half or so! I didn’t think it was possible, and I was more than ready to lye down and just give up at a lot of times, but this product turned it all around for me! I’m a customer for life! Thank you so much for creating something so great and wonderful! You saved my life, you’ll never even know how much!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

3. Hello – I would like to get involved on this forum. I am brand new to doing anything entrepreneurial. My background is a chemical engineer; I have worked in this field for the last 15 years. On the side I have been brainstorming about possible products in various markets. I do not confine my ideas to one particular area. I try to leave open my creative brainstorming sessions to anything where I believe I can come up with an idea that people will find useful/valuable. Recently I have come up with an idea for a new way to consume a home remedy that helps with cold/flu symptoms. The new way makes this home remedy convenient to consume on the go, all throughout the day, with maximum convenience. The problem is, this is only an idea in my head at this point. I have no idea what the best course will be to get to a small quantity prototype run (with several variations on possible designs) made up, while protecting my idea from being stolen, and avoiding being ripped off by someone. First order of business for me will be to figure out exactly what edible food materials will be appropriate for this application, and get a small quantity made so I can conduct testing and let people try it out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get started?

Thanks
    Matt

4. Hi All,

I’m working on developing a supplement, in the R&D stage. This looks like a great community to be a part of, since there isn’t a lot of info on the web about how to start a business like this! I am trying to sign up to post in the forums, but the sign up link is eluding me! Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
    Naomi

5. This is the perfect website for anybody who hopes to understand this topic.

You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a subject which has been discussed for
    years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

Leave a Reply to titeurl.com Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>